Free - Learn Guitar E-book

Enter form below and we'll send FREE Guitar e-book (Beginners Guide To Playing The Guitar) direct to you.
    Your Name:
*  Your email address:
*  Preferred Format:

Free - Learn Piano E-book

Enter form below and we'll send FREE Learn Piano e-book (Beginners Guide To Playing The Piano) direct to you.
    Your Name:
*  Your email address:
*  Preferred Format:

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

gerald albright very best of gerald albright smooth jazz cd review

Gerald Albright Very Best of Gerald Albright Smooth Jazz CD ReviewWriten by Clyde Dennis

The exceptionally talented smooth jazz sax man Gerald Albright has released his own greatest hits CD entitled The Very best of Gerald Albright.

I am very confident and happy to announce that I believe Albright fans, and smooth jazz fans alike will be pleased with this one. With the release of this best of CD Albright's artistic excellence is on full display as he delivers a brilliant collection of his best tracks to date.

The first five tracks mirror the rise of the smooth jazz radio phenomenon. So Amazing, Bermuda Nights, In the Mood, My, My, My, and Anniversary were, and still are staples of the smooth jazz radio format. All were released between 1987 and 1990, and all except Bermuda Nights are covers of popular R&B tunes. Each track still sounds fresh even today. These five alone make this an outstanding smooth jazz collection.

These days it's a very rare CD on which every single song is good or better than the one before it. This CD is certainly one of those rare CDs.

Contributors on the project includes a whole host of talented musicians like Lee Ritenour on track 7, G & Lee, along with Rodney Franklin, Pete Escovedo, Joe Sample and Chuckii Booker just to name a few.

Overall The Very Best of Gerald Albright is an outstanding release. Definitely must have music for anyone who fancy's themselves a smooth jazz fan. I give it two thumbs up as this is a CD even the casual music fan can and will appreciate Albright's smooth polished style.

While this entire CD is outstanding the truly standout tunes and SmoothJazz247.com favorites are So Amazing [track 1, Georgia On My Mind [track 6, and Boss Of Nova [track 8. My SmoothLee Bonus Pick, and the one that got Sore [...as in Stuck On REpeat is track 4, My, My, My. Very nice!

Release Notes:

Gerald Albright originally released The Very Best of Gerald Albright on June 19, 2001 on the Atlantic record label.

CD track list follows:

1. So Amazing
2. Bermuda Nights
3. In The Mood
4. My, My, My
5. Anniversary
6. Georgia On My Mind
7. G & Lee
8. Boss Of Nova
9. Sooki Sooki
10. When Morning Comes 2001
11. New Girl On The Block

To listen to samples of each song on The Very Best of Gerald Albright by Gerald Albright go to: Gerald Albright CD - The Very Best of Gerald Albright Samples

Clyde Lee Dennis, a.k.a. SmoothLee is an AVID music fan, smooth jazz in particular, and in addition to writing CD Reviews for I Love Smooth Jazz.com can also be heard during his radio show which airs online daily at Smooth Jazz 24/7